Our aim is to improve and to develop the children’s voice within our school.
We want all children to take an active role in how their school is run.
School Council work
In previous years the school council has been involved in the following projects:
- Helping to develop our Spiritual Garden
- Supporting the developments to our lunchtimes
- Science planning
- We decided on and wrote the playground and lunchtime charters
- Surveyed children’s thoughts on French teaching
- We now have a named school council governor
- We created a time capsule to be placed in the new motorway bridge
Our plans for the coming school year:
- To discuss and develop a School Council motto
- To explore how we can further incorporate the values for life into our School Council
- To survey pupil voice within the school and make any necessary improvements
- To increase the profile of school council in KS1
- To focus on year group projects
- To be involved in securing the Anti Bullying charter mark.
- Ensure of Road Safety campaign continues