A Digital Leader is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within a school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of ICT in school.
Interested children will need to apply for the position and interviews will be held before appointing Digital Leaders from KS2 and Year 2. The team will then meet regularly at Computing Club.
Pupils are then given training and support to develop specific areas of ICT expertise. Once a pupil gains an area of expertise, staff may then request the use of the Digital Leader for a variety of different roles.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Test and review new ICT resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up ICT equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.